- How is yet2 involved in the Ascensia Diabetes Challenge?
- yet2 is facilitating the Ascensia Diabetes Challenge by managing the submission process and initial review of entries. yet2 will use their experience with open innovation challenges to facilitate the review of entries, manage intellectual property screening and support the judging process, to help protect both the submitters and Ascensia.
- What are the benefits of yet2 being involved in the Challenge?
There are multiple benefits to having yet2 manage the submission process and initial review of entries. Firstly, it ensures that all submitted responses are reviewed and dealt with in a consistent and timely manner, and that conform with the entry requirements and Terms and Conditions. Secondly, Ascensia understands that solutions can be provided by a variety of sources, some that may require support in describing the solution in a way that enables more clarity on how it solves a need. yet2 can use their significant experience of managing challenges to support submitters, where necessary, to describe their solution in a way that enables more clarity on how it solves a need and provides the best chance of success. Finally, it is important that only non-confidential information is received to protect submitters and eliminate the risk of jeopardizing Ascensia’s ongoing research programs, projects and development concepts in connection with related solutions and technologies.
- Is only non-confidential information required in the submissions?
- Throughout the submission process, we ask for only information that imposes no obligations of confidentiality for Ascensia or yet2 and does not breach any confidentiality obligations that you, the submitter, owe to others. If confidential information is later required, we will negotiate a separate Confidential Disclosure Agreement prior to sharing of any confidential information.
- Why is it important that only non-confidential information is included?
- It is possible that Ascensia may be developing similar concepts to those that are being submitted. Therefore, by sharing only non-confidential information it protects the intellectual property position of Ascensia and submitters.
- What will happen if confidential information is submitted?
- If confidential information is included in an entry, the submitter will be contacted by yet2 to discuss potential revisions to their submission or their submission may be rejected. Information marked as confidential will never be passed on to Ascensia, and inclusion may prevent your submission from progressing.
- How do I make a submission?
Once the Challenge is open for entries, click on the "Submission" button to begin making a submission. You will need to read the Terms and Conditions first to ensure you agree with them. To make a submission, you will be asked to complete a "Submitter Information Form" that includes your contact details and a non-confidential overview of your solution. You will also be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions of submission. Once your entry is submitted, yet2 will review your details and conduct an initial evaluation the solution on behalf of Ascensia, prior to the detailed review of the entry.
- What information does my submission need to include?
Contact information is essential for us to follow up. The submission form must also include a clear, non-confidential overview of the proposed solution. You only need to send us an outline of your innovation at this stage, describing how it works in a general technical sense and the benefits your solution would bring to the consumer. Of course, the more information that you are able to provide the better, as long as it is not confidential information. If you have a published patent application or granted patent, that will normally be a sufficient description, and you can simply provide us with the details of the published application or patent. For a more detailed description of submission requirements, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
- Can my submission include attachments?
- Yes, submissions can include attachments and accompanying documents (maximum 5 MB). We encourage applicants to provide whatever additional documents they feel will support their submission, as long as these documents comply with the submission requirements.
- Do I have to be at least 18 years old to submit an innovation?
Yes, this is the legally-accepted age for agreeing to Terms and Conditions for this activity. For a more detailed description of eligibility requirements, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
- Who decides if my submission is of interest to Ascensia?
- Upon submission of an entry, your "Submitter Information Form" will be shared directly with yet 2. yet2 will perform the initial review of all entries for compliance with the entry requirements and Terms and Conditions prior to sharing them with Ascensia and the judging panel. yet2 will also review your "Submitter Information Form" in relation to criteria provided by Ascensia to decide whether your solution meets the brief for the challenge, as outlined in our view of the problem. yet2 will follow up directly with you via email or phone to inform you of the status, which may include no further action, more details required, or of interest for further discussion.
- How long will it take for my submission to be reviewed? What are the stages?
Upon submitting your "Submitter Information Form", you will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission, and you will be provided with a unique submission identification number. Contact will then be made within five working days to inform you of the status of your submission.
- Reject - solution does not meet challenge criteria
- Under further review
Following further review, the following stages may apply and depending on which stage you are at, you will then be contacted directly by yet2 for discussion:
- Further details are required to clarify information provided
- Solution is under review by Ascensia and the judging panel
- Is there a reward for submitting my innovation?
- There will be no reward for your submission to the challenge in the initial stages. Finalists will be selected from the entries submitted and there will be a winner and runners-up selected from the finalists. Finalists, runners-up and the winner will all receive cash prizes.
In addition, the winner will have the opportunity to work with Ascensia on the further development of their solution. Ascensia hopes to provide its expertise and resources in a collaboration to help towards bringing the winning solution to market. In this situation, a mutually agreed contract would be negotiated on a case by case basis. This could include for example (but not limited to) product supply, license, joint venture, technology or patent acquisition, or similar arrangements.
- Do I have to accept the Submission Terms & Conditions?
- Yes, these not only outline the rules of the challenge, but they are designed to protect you and your rights, and to eliminate the risk of jeopardizing Ascensia’s ongoing research programs, projects and developing concepts.
- Can I make more than one submission? If I have more than one submission, will I have to agree to the Terms & Conditions for each submission?
Yes, more than one submission can be made, as long as each submission conforms with the submission requirements. Each time an individual submission is made, the submitter must agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Who do I reach out to with any further questions?
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.